The Relatives Gateway enables a greater involvement of a service user’s social network, promoting inclusive and transparent care.
The Relatives Gateway is a secure portal used by the friends and family of service users to share messages and photos, and if appropriate, to view care provided and read and electronically sign the care plan.
- Easy to keep in touch with family and friends of service users
- Promotes transparent care practices
- Photos and messages shared though a social network to keep family involved in care
- Less scrutiny and complaints from family members
- Care plan reviews can be signed electronically by relatives with power of attorney
- Family members can see records, charts and analysis giving them peace of mind
- Ability to see information and give access controlled by care home manager
- Flexible system with the ability to only share information that the care home feels is appropriate
‘I wanted to let you know what a wonderful tool this is. With my only brother living in America our conversations were me trying to recall all those little details to him. Since he has had access to MCM the dynamics of our relationship has changed. We can now just chat as brother and sister. The pressure has been relieved from myself to try and relay everything to him. I would definitely recommend it to other families.’Relative of resident
Organisations using Relatives Gateway
Relatives using the Gateway
Benefits of sharing care with family and friends
Improves quality of life for residents
Relatives can share pictures and messages with their loved ones in a secure online portal, to keep in touch, update them while on holiday or to let them know when they will next be visiting. Care homes can very easily share photos of the resident enjoying activities or outings back to the family if consent is given. The Relatives Gateway enables residents and their family and friends to stay connected and improves their quality of life.
Transparency inspires greater confidence in care home
Relatives’ phone calls to the care home to check up on relatives between visits generally decrease once they start using the Relatives Gateway. Care homes can give access for care records, without compromising the care provider or service user, and simple graphs, to be shared with families. Easily being able to check what residents are up to through the Relatives Gateway gives residents peace of mind and confidence in the care home.
The Relatives Gateway is a fantastic tool for sharing information with family and friends of a service user. For instance, rather than inviting relatives with power of attorney in to sign the care plan, they can sign it electronically and give feedback on the Relatives Gateway, which saves time.