The winner of the #GladtoCare Competition is Alice Taylor!
Carers submitted photos performing a care interaction to show how they are ‘glad to care’.
Alice’s entry featured her cooking in the kitchen and her message “I am #GladtoCare making home cooked food daily for my residents and have been for seventeen years”.
Find out why Alice’s photo was chosen as the winning entry.
The runners up for the #GladtoCare competition are:
- Lousie Rowland from Sands Lodge
- Mercy Chirowodza also from Sands Lodge
- Marie Shepherd from The Grove Care Home Thurnscoe
- Franchesca Fitzgeralds from Primrose Lodge Southbourne
- Kathleen Crymble from Kingsgate Care Home
- Carolyn Ball from Belong Morris Feinmann
The judging day was held at the Institute of Directors with judges David Brindle, the Guardian’s public services editor, Professor Martin Green, Chief Executive of Care England, Vic Rayner, Executive Director of the National Care Forum and Alex Ramamurthy, former-CEO of the Care Workers Charity.