Person Centred Software was delighted to host a Technology Day for the National Care Forum’s (NCF) Rising Stars on 20th September at its offices in Guildford.
The Rising Stars are a group of eleven individuals working in social care who have been chosen for special development by NCF. The Technology Day is part of the annual programme that aims to develop the group’s knowledge and leadership skills through mentoring and activities.
Person Centred Software is a partner of NCF and was pleased to share its knowledge of the technology industry with the Rising Stars and provide demonstrations of a wide range of innovative technologies, including GHM Care’s Nursecall integration.
The group were guided on how to master technical jargon, the benefits that technology and data can deliver to social care and the importance of measuring care. They also discussed what the future of technology might look like in 5- or 20-years’ time. The day closed with a lively debate on the latest thinking in relation to government policy and technology.
Vic Rayner, Executive Director of NCF said: “Technology impacts on every aspect of our daily life, and it is right that we understand the full potential for technology to support and drive forward better care.
“This day facilitated by Person Centred Software provided a unique opportunity for the NCF Rising Stars to ask questions, explore options and understand exactly how they might utilise technology within their workplace. I know that the Rising Stars went away from the day full of ideas and thoughts about how they could champion the opportunities for technology to enhance and support the provision of quality person-centred care.”
The Rising Stars who attended the Technology Day are: Lena Norman, Contract Manager from Cromwell Road, Look Ahead Care; Kemi Yusuf, Registered Home Manager at Ipstones Avenue, Accord Housing Association; Nick Rickwood, Registered Manager at Flowerdown House, RAFA; and Jamie Smith, Assistant Manager, Supported Living Services at EMH Care and Support.
The 2018 Rising Stars are:
• Lena Norman, Contract Manager at Cromwell Road, Look Ahead Care
• Jamie Smith, Assistant Manager at Supported Living Services, EMH Care and Support
• Nick Rickwood, Registered Manager at Flowerdown House, RAFA
• Julie Veritiero, Registered Manager at Marbury House, Boroughcare
• Kemi Yusuf, Registered Home Manager at Ipstones Avenue, Accord Housing Association
• Sam Stuart, Registered Manager at Fairfield Care Home, WCS Care
• Caroline Coogan, Registered Manager at Home Hero’s, New Outlook
• Carl Jones, Service manager at Swallow Lodge, Making Space
• Nadine Webster, Home Manager at Cedar Lodge, MHA
• Catherine Haycock, Support Manager at Belong Morris Feinmann Care Village, Belong
• Anna Lewkowicz, Home Manager at Gregory House, The Order of St Johns Trust