Get your care home involved with the ‘Adopt a Grandparent’ campaign
Person Centred Software is delighted to be supporting CHD Living’s ‘Adopt a Grandparent’ campaign to help combat loneliness within care homes.
With only 800 recipients of care amongst CHD Living’s services and more than 72,000 volunteers from nearly every country in the world, CHD Living now want to share their network of volunteers to other care providers around the world, to help tackle loneliness within your homes too.
To get things started and to receive more information, visit the Adopt a Grandparent website.
FAQs FOR CARE HOMES
How can I get my home involved?
CHD Living are now looking to partner with other care homes around the world.
To sign your care home up, all you need to do is fill the form via the link below. The Adopt a Grandparent team will then get in touch to arrange a call and chat you through the next steps.
How will it work / what is planned?
Once you’ve been ‘on boarded’ onto the Adopt a Grandparent scheme, the team are here to support you in getting your residents paired with a volunteer. The process is as follows:
- Share information on your ‘grandparents’ via a spreadsheet
- Await a volunteer that matches their interests
- Once a suitable ‘grandchild’ has been found, the team will give them an initial video call, performing necessary safeguarding checks at their end.
- Next, the team will drop you a line to arrange the first call between your grandparent and their new friend!
- After this, it’s up to your ‘grandparent’ and your team to make follow-up calls and build the relationship.
The Adopt a Grandparent team will also help support you by providing the following assets:
- Onboarding packs, including branded posters to display in your home(s) encouraging more residents to get involved.
- “volunteer cards” and “resident cards” for those that have been paired, sharing information between our new companions.
- Mentions on social media to our network.
- Features in our press releases and news updates
- Support via phone/email when needed.
To find out more information, visit the Adopt a Grandparent website.